4 Basic Tips On How To Write A Persuasive Essay For High School
Persuasive essays are very popular in high schools because it forces the student to create a well-organized essay. The processes learned in creating an excellent article of this type will make the construction of many other essays easier. Here are 4 basic tips on how to write a persuasive essay for high school students:
- Make sure your thesis, or what you are discussing is an arguable point. One of the best ways to make sure this is true is to create both views so you are sure there are two. Your thesis needs to state what you are arguing and how you are going to prove your side is right. The goal of the introduction in addition to explaining what and how you are going to prove your point is to make the subject interesting. Give your audience a reason to read your essay.
- Support your position with solid evidence. You are trying to make your points valid and believable and the way to do this is one of the following ways:
- Statistics- Numbers are always convincing and easy to understand and can’t be misunderstood. There is no way 10 is bigger than 1000. If you have numbers to convince your reader, use them.
- Examples- These always make your argument more understandable.
- Quotes- Gives validity to your argument if someone prominent also agrees with you
- Facts- If facts are supported by proof, these are hard to dispute.
If you can be successful at these four tips, you will be able to write a very successful persuasive essay. For more information on how to complete essays, try this one of the many sites that is available on the internet.